The Catalog Visibility Options app provides the ability to hide prices, or show prices only to authenticated users. It also allows the ability to disable the ecommerce functionality by disabling the cart giving you the perfect platform to showcase a catalog of products which aren't currently for sale online.
Transform your store into a catalog with the option to disable all ecommerce functionality. This includes changing the "Add to cart" & "Buy now" buttons as well as disabling the regular checkout & cart processes.
- Hide prices, or show prices only to authenticated users.
- Disable ecommerce functionality by disabling the cart.
- Set alternate "price" content when prices are disabled or shown only to logged in users.
- Set alternate "Add to cart" content - when ecommerce functionality is disabled or only available to authenticated users.
- Hide pricing to comply with 'Minimum Advertised Price' rules.
- Showcase your product images & descriptions while finalising prices or stock.
- Toggle product visibility on a product, category, user role, or user location basis.
- Switch between an active online store and a static product catalog.
Setup & Usage
Once you've activated the Catalog Visibility Options app in your website admin panel, you'll find the settings for the app under "Settings > Store Settings > Visibility Options".
- Purchases - Options are "Enabled", "Disabled", or "Enabled for Logged In Users". Disabling purchases or restricting purchases to logged in users only will disable all "Add to cart" functionality.
- Prices - Options are "Enabled", "Disabled", or "Enabled for Logged In Users". Disabling prices or restricting to logged in users only will hide all prices across the entire store on the front-end. When prices are disabled or restricted to logged in users only, all "Add to cart" functionality is also automatically disabled.
- Catalog Add to Cart Button Text - Optional text to display in place of the "Add to cart" button on the front-end when purchases are disabled or restricted.
- Catalog Price Text - Optional text to display in place of the price on the front-end when prices are disabled or restricted.
Location Filter Options
Location filter options allow you to display different products based on the user's country.
- Location Filter Functionality - Enable to activate the location filter. Catalog visibility will be based on the user's location.
- Location Selection Page - Select a page where users are able to set or change their location. A page is automatically added upon activation of the app and should contain the
[location_picker]shortcode. Available countries are the same countries enabled in your store settings under "Settings > Store Settings > General".
- Location Selection Requirements - Choose whether location selection is optional or required.
- Allow Changes to Location Selection? - Choose whether to allow users to change their selected location after their initial selection.
- Use Geo Location - Choose whether or not to use Geolocation for automatic country selection.
- Clear cart when location changes - Choose whether to automatically empty a customer's shopping cart if their location changes.
Product Category Settings
The Catalog Visibility Options app also gives you the ability to restrict the visibility of products based on user role.
To configure visibility on a per product category basis, head to "Products > Categories". You can either edit an existing category or create a new category and you'll find a new option for "Role Restrictions" allowing you to allow products inside the category to be visible to everyone, or restricted to specific user roles.
Product visibility can also be set on a per-product basis.
On a product's edit screen, you'll find a new metabox for "Product Restrictions" allowing you to set who can view the product, who can purchase the product, and who can view the product's prices. You can restrict each option to specific roles only, everybody, or use the category settings. If a product is assigned to multiple categories, then the first category alphabetically will take precedence.